For some Office users, the while light in the Office 365 background is quite annoying as it gives strain to the eyes. As a result of this, they become frustrated with this white light but could not do anything to get rid of it. However, the new updates in Office 365 have brought about a change in this scenario. It has been quite a long time now that the launch of the dark theme took place but most of the people are still unaware of it.
This all-new dark theme is not only less stressful to the eyes but also gives you a feeling of change from the routine white theme. Hence, this tutorial is all about dark themes and how you can enable it on your Microsoft Office program. This dark theme could not only be applied to www.office.com/setup apps but to Windows 10 as well. Hence, if you are using your Office suite on Windows 10 device, then you should be more than happy to hear that.
What is the dark theme/mode in Office?
The dark theme is launched as a part of a feature update by Microsoft which allows users to switch to either a black background or a dark greyed one. There are some very simple steps to apply it to Office apps. However, if you apply it only to your Windows then the dark mode will not be set in Office apps. Thus, you need to make separate changes for the same. The dark mode can be applied to Office apps including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and more www.office.com/setup apps.
This feature can be only applied to office 365 as ‘dark mode’. But, if you wish to apply it to Office 2016 and Office 2013, then there is a ‘dark grey’ theme available for you. This theme is only available for Windows users but not for Mac users.
Steps to switch to the dark mode
- First of all, you need to launch any Office app such as Word, Outlook, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- After that, click on the ‘File’ option available at the top.
- From the ‘File’ menu, select the ‘Account’ option.
- After that, move to the right and select “Office Theme”.
- Now the themes drop-down menu, select the theme of your choice.
- For enabling dark mode, you should select “Black” as the t
- Else, you may also choose “dark grey” if you want.
To change the background:
- Follow the same steps as mentioned above.
- Then, from the menu, you need to select “Office Background”.
- From here, you may select the “No Background” option.
- The theme and background settings will now be applied to all the Office apps.
Another way to enable to the dark mode
If you do not see the first method going right, then you may use this method to turn on the ‘Dark Mode’:
- First of all, you need to click on the ‘File’ option.
- After that, select ‘Options’ from the list.
- Now, make sure that the ‘General’ option is selected.
- Then, find out the “Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office” option.
- Here, click on the “Office Theme” option.
- After choosing the required theme, select ‘OK’.
Even if you change the theme of the Word app, the documents you will create will have a white background but you can easily change its background as well. However, if you make its background black and go on to print this document then it will consume a huge amount of ink.