Having an account linked with Microsoft is quite necessary because of many reasons. You need to have Microsoft account in order to download and activate your subscription. Another reason, why you must have a Microsoft account is because using it you can easily access and edit all the information of your account. If you use Microsoft services such as Skype, OneDrive, Xbox Live, Bing, Store, Windows, you can easily have their updates on your device by just signing in to your account.
Another big reason to have Microsoft account is that you can keep track of all the subscriptions, their renewal date, as well as getting to know about the rewards. But to use all these account-related features, you must sign-up first and then sign-in to your Microsoft account. In this article, you will find easy-to-follow steps for signing in to your account that you have registered with Microsoft.
Steps to sign in online on Microsoft
If you haven’t created an account on Microsoft’s platform, then you can easily do it during the sign-in process. For doing this, the steps are mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of Microsoft.
- If you wish to sign in at MS Office’s platform, then navigate to office.com/setup.
- Now, select the “Sign in” option and go to the next step.
- Type the email address or phone number that you have used at the time of registration and then click “Next”.
- There are other three options such as “No account? Create one!”, “Sign in with a security key” and “Sign-in options” out of which you have to select one.
- Click on the first option to sign-up at Microsoft’s platform.
- After clicking on the “Next” option, you will be prompted to enter the password and then click on “Sign in”.
- You can also tick mark the box available next to “Keep me signed in”.
- If you have forgotten your password. Then you may tap on the option that says “Forgot password?” You can also tap on the option which reads as “Sign in with a security key”.
There are some other ways to “Sign in” to your account for which the steps are different.
Read [email protected]:- What’s new in Ms office 2019?
Learn the steps to switch from a local account to a Microsoft account
To switch from a local account to a Microsoft account, you need to follow the steps the same as mentioned in the following section:
- First of all, you have to click on the “Start” button of your Windows device.
- After this, navigate to the “Settings” tab followed by the “Accounts” option.
- Now, tap on the option that reads as “Your info” or “Email & accounts”, whatever you may see.
- Tap on the “Sign in with a Microsoft account instead” to get a link to sign in to Microsoft account.
- In the end, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the switching process.
Now that you have learned the steps to sign in along with the process to switch a local account to Microsoft account, you can use the services of Microsoft. To know more about the benefits of having a Microsoft account and how you can use it for logging in to MS Office, visit office.com/setup.