If you own an Apple device then you know if you try to unlock your iPhone or iPad with many unsuccessful attempts then your iPhone will get disabled. Before the recent update Mac OS Cataline, you see a message “iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes” message on-screen. Remember, the iPhone gets locked or disabled due to security reasons otherwise a hacker could easily try multiple combinations to access your iPhone. However, just because your device is locked or disabled doesn’t mean that someone can unlock it without your permission.
There can be multiple reasons for an iPhone to get into a disable mode to say, a child playing around your phone tries to unlock it or you might have forgotten the password. If you have forgotten the iPhone password then there are chances you disable your phone. Fortunately, there can be multiple solutions available to the Unlock Disabled iPhone. In this article, you will get to learn the steps to disable your locked iPhone or iPad.
Why your iPhone is in disable mode?
Before we learn the steps to Unlock Disabled iPhone the most important thing to understand is to know why your iPhone is disabled. So, an iPhone gets disabled after you have entered the wrong password 6 times in a row. This clearly means you can try to disable your device 5 times. Remember, on the 6th unsuccessful attempt your phone will get disabled for 1 minute. On the 7th unsuccessful attempt, it will be disabled for 5 minutes and on the 8th attempt for 15 minutes. Likewise, if there will be a 10th unsuccessful attempt it will be locked for 60 minutes or an hour. However, if on the 10th attempt you cannot disable the device then you will receive the message saying that your iPhone is disabled.
Points to remember to unlock disabled iPhone
- If you are using Mac OS Catalina, then use “Finder”.
- Use iTunes if you have a PC or do not have an update.
- You can use iCloud if you are signed in to the iCloud and have “Find My iPhone” on your device.
How to unlock disabled iPhone by connecting to iTunes?
In this section, you will get to learn the steps on how to unlock disabled iPhone via iTunes. This is the case when you have not updated to Mac Catalina or you have another PC. So, follow the steps given below carefully:
- First of all, you have to plug in your iPhone to your computing device with the help of a USB cord or you can directly open and launch the iTunes application.
- In the iTunes window, you have to click on the apple icon that is visible on the left side of the screen.
- Doing this will redirect you to all the information about the device and what all you have on it.
- Click on the “Summary” option and then you will see the “Restore iPhone” option just click on that option to proceed.
- Just follow the on-screen instruction to completely erase your iPhone.
- Once your iPhone is restored, it will start as a fresh one.
- It is requested to follow the steps carefully and when you are prompted to restore from a backup use the most recent iTunes or the iCloud backup files. Visit:- https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has helped you to unlock the disabled iPhone. However, if you have any confusion or want to know more about the topic then we recommend you visit the official website and get assistance from the experts and professionals in the room to unlock disabled iPhone.